6 Champagne Cocktails, 9 Ingredients: French 75
I’m bringing you recipes for 6 easy champagne cocktails that you can make from only nine simple ingredients. Perfect for a New Year’s Eve party or for any fun and special night.
Champagne cocktails are sometimes thought to be girly drinks. But there are some that could totally put hair on your chest. This one, The French 75, is one of those. Or at least it normally is with its big blast of gin and very little else to dress it up.
In this version, I’ve added grenadine instead of the usual simple syrup. It still has a gin and tonic feel to it, but with a touch of sweetness.
When it gets to be summer time (or if you live in a warm weather location), you can make this refreshing homemade berry wine cooler, too.
Here’s The French 75 recipe
Links to more easy champagne cocktails are below.
Easy Champagne Cocktail - The French 75
The French 75 is a bit like a Gin and Tonic but sweeter and a bit more sour. It's normally made with simple syrup. I've swapped it out for grenadine to give it a festive hue.
- ice cubes
- 1 tsp grenadine
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce gin
- ½ cup sparkling wine
- lemon slice (optional)
- Put two or three ice cubes into a tall glass. Top with the grenadine, lemon juice and gin. Fill the glass with sparkling wine. Garnish with a slice of lemon or leave it plain to keep it (nearly) manly.
Check out the other Champagne Cocktails in my series “6 Easy Champagne Cocktails from 9 Simple Ingredients”:
- Champagne Cocktails for the Holidays
- 20 Festive Champagne Cocktails Plus Champagne Recipes And More
- 52 Holiday Cocktails to Try This Season
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients: Sparkling Sangria : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The Barbotage : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: Black Velvet : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The Poinsetta : Cook the Story
- Six Easy Champagne Cocktails that use Nine Simple Ingredients : Cook the Story